Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie: Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes


Clara of IHeartFood4Thought chose this week's recipe - chocolate chocolate cupcakes. Go to her blog to get the complete recipe. And if you haven't heard, this Friday is the last day the TWD group is accepting new members. So join now or you'll miss your chance!


This week we're baking chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing. They're fantastic! I had high hopes for decorating these for Halloween.... uh, it didn't happen. But, my sister had her baby over the weekend! She had a precious little boy she named Cole. 7 pounds, 11 oz., and 20 inches of pure sweetness and joy. Life sure is good! So as you can imagine, I was a tad bit preoccupied and short on time. So in an effort to just get these made, my creativity took a backseat and I stuck with the recipe. I usually like to fiddle around a bit, but I'm rather glad I didn't. They're perfect just the way Dorie created them. The woman knows how to make a cupcake.

Some people complained of having dry cupcakes or ended up filling their muffin tins with too much batter. I didn't have those problems. Mine came out just perfect. Boringly perfect! But I think that's a good thing.


The batter was so amazing. I'm not usually a big batter eater, but I took a taste and then couldn't stop. And then once the cupcakes were done, I devoured one as soon as I iced it. My willpower is usually better than that, but I just couldn't help myself. Oh my, these are yummy!

13 comments:

Sihan said...

Isn't it great that everything went well! haha. Glad you loved those cupcakes! they sure were yummy!

Prudy said...

Nothing boring about a perfect chocolate cupcake! It looks delicious!

Michelle A'etonu said...

these look great! i'm late as usual and still need to make mine. Cole is so cute. I'm so happy for you guys!

CB said...

Your cupcakes have perfect ganache swirls. Awesome job! Congrats on your new nephew. Thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Anonymous said...

This batter was SO Good! And your ganache looks AMAZING! Professional! Congrats on little Cole!

chocolatechic said...

I licked my batter too.

Yummy.

Amy of Sing For Your Supper said...

Simple and beautiful. I love the look of yours! These were really great - I especially loved that glaze!!

-Amy
www.singforyoursupperblog.com

Cathy said...

Congratulations on your sweet new nephew! What a blessing for your family! I agree, boring is good when it comes to baking! Your cupcakes look perfect, and elegant!

Nikki57 said...

Your chocolate icing looks perfect!

Flourchild said...

Your cupcakes look great! I really love the frosting..YUM!

Pamela said...

They look fabulous and your frosting looks to die for. Congrats to your sister on the new baby! It's such a magical time!

Kristina said...

The batter was good wasn't it! I did join and think it's neat that other people are making the same recipe at the same time! I was a little behind on these since I went to Columbia this weekend - congrats on Cole by the way! Mine weren't too dry either. I took them out after 20 minutes instead of 22 or more. Anyways yumm!

threesidesofcrazy said...

They look amazing. Congratulations on the new little nephew!