Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie: Caramel Peanut Topped Brownie Cake


This week's selection is a gorgeous brownie cake topped with caramel and peanuts. It was selected by Tammy of Wee Treats by Tammy. You can find the complete recipe on her blog, so go get it!

I love being a part of this group. A good deal of the recipes I've made would be ones that I probably wouldn't have ever tried. Despite my love for this group, I'm admitting that I've started trying to get creative with how I can get rid of these fun baked creations without eating them myself. The past several weeks I've given away more of the goodies than I've consumed. This week was no different.

Our friends Darren and Becky just had an adorable baby boy named Jacob. We had the pleasure of going to meet him shortly after he was born. And what did we bring along with us? A Caramel Peanut Topped Brownie Cake. Who is more deserving of a yummy cake than new parents? No one. So as gorgeous as the cake was, I parted with it so that I wouldn't consume the entire thing myself. And look how adorable this little guy is. I didn't want to put him down.


Fortunately I did get to taste a piece of this as we were visiting. It was the only reason I put the child down... his mother was probably thankful! And the cake not only looked good, but it tasted good as well. I think it would be extraordinary with a scoop of ice cream. Maybe I'll make a mini one sometime so I can enjoy it myself. But for now, my hips are thanking me that I gave them a break this week.

17 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I love having people to give my treats away to - it's definitely better on my hips :) The cake looks wonderful, but the cuteness of Jacob is too much for words.

Laura said...

Lucky new Mommy and family! Your cake looks wonderful!

Flourchild said...

YOur cake turned out great. What a darling baby!

Maria said...

What a cute baby! So nice of you to share your cake. It looks really tasty. I am glad you got to try it.

Michelle A'etonu said...

i'm so happy for your friends! what an adorable baby boy. your cake looks delish. I can't wait to make it on Friday. I had to put it off until then...busy week!

chocolatechic said...

Your caramel looks fabulous.

Jamie said...

Such a cutie! I have been giving my goods away too! Looks great!

Cathy said...

Wow -- your caramel is a vision of perfection! How wonderful that your fabulous cake could be enjoyed by happy new parents! What a cutie pie little Jacob is --there is nothing sweeter in the world than a freshly baked baby!!

CB said...

You're learning the ways of the baker. HAHA. Thats pretty much how I bake these days. First I think of how I can pawn it off, then I bake. ;) I am so glad I had a party to go to b/c I know I would have eaten all that caramel by myself!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Anonymous said...

How cute is little Jacob! I'm sure his parents must have been very grateful for that GORGEOUS cake!

Marie Rayner said...

I sure wish I'd had a friend like you when I had my five babies!!! What a sweetheart you are and such a wonderful friend. Jacob is so adorable! I think you will be a favourite person of his especially if you keep giving them such delicious gifts as this cake!

Tammy said...

Yummy baby! thanks for making my pick

TeaLady said...

Cake is nice, but baby is nicer. Looks tasty. Great job.

hoagiefest 2020 said...

You won't have to get creative for very long! Soon, friends and test-subjects alike will know to come to your door Monday/Tuesday to take home a slab of whatever awesome dessert you make! At least that's the case here.

Anonymous said...

Yes, my creative ways of getting rid of extras is to take it into work.

Congratulations to your friends on their new baby!

Bungalow Barbara said...

I find that joining TWD means you have to get really good at making "mini" versions -- or at giving your goodies away. Fortunately folks love home-baked goodies!

Congratulations to your friends on their new baby! He's a cutie.

Shari said...

I bet they appreciated such a delicious treat!