Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie: Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops


This week's selection was awesome. Many thanks to Rachel of Confessions of a Tangerine Tart, who selected the recipe this week. Check out her blog for the complete recipe so that you can re-create these masterpieces.

I really love chocolate and I really love Whoppers, so I knew these were going to be extra tasty. I've enjoyed the last few cookies we've made, but I was dying for something more chocolate-y and these totally hit the spot. I followed the recipe precisely. I did have one minor snafu though... I accidentally grabbed the almond extract out of the cupboard thinking it was vanilla. I didn't realize it until I poured it into the batter and thought... vanilla extract isn't this color! Doh! So I did my best to spoon it all out, though it was a little hard. Thankfully I couldn't taste it and all was okay.


I ate a few of these with ice cream, since Dorie's picture in the book looked so tasty. But I brought most of them along last week on my trip to the beach and fed them to family members. I love the weeks when I can give my baked goodies away so it's not Denny and I eating them all ourselves. Everyone enjoyed them and they all got eaten up! Super yummy cookies... as each week goes by I'm growing fonder and fonder of Dorie.

And just as a quick side note, my friend Michelle from way back in my high school days, just joined TWD. Go check out her blog at Sweet Sensations!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the photo with the ice cream! I'm glad the almond extract didn't ruin these cookies for you. That would've been awful.

Marie Rayner said...

Your cookies look very delicious especially with that scoop of ice cream!

Prudy said...

Your cookies look wonderful, especially with ice cream and your blueberry coffee cake is really calling my name.

hoagiefest 2020 said...

Almond seems like it could be an interesting flavor note in these cookies. Still, I'm glad you didn't ruin them. I agree--by the time all is said and done, I hope to marry Dorie.

Lady Baker said...

ok, I can't stop scrolling through your blog--every time I come upon a post, I think, "ooo, I have to try that!" (egg salad BLTs?! Sign me up! The blueberry coffee cake...enchliadas....) The things you make are so up my alley! Those sweet potato fries will be seen very soon on my dinner table, and I've just tagged your site as a 'favorite'!
~Lisa.

Cathy said...

Your pictures are fabulous! I loved these cookies too! However, I did not feel nearly as generous as you did in sharing them -- while I DID share them, I really wanted to keep them all for myself. These cookies made me greedy.

chocolatechic said...

Yours look wonderful.

Michelle A'etonu said...

thanks for acknowledging me on your post! so sweet! the cookies look great!

Anonymous said...

I WANT THESE WITH ICE CREAM! That looks SOOOO Good!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Beautiful cookies! Especially with that ice cream. I made sandwiches with mine and the frozen cookie pairs really well with the ice cream. I think the almond might have beenn fine in there, but I love, love, love almond.
Nancy

Engineer Baker said...

Definitely a cookie destined for ice cream. They look fabulous.

Christine said...

Those look so good with ice cream! Great job!

Flourchild said...

Your cookies look wonderful next to that ice cream! I used Peanut Butter whoppers in mine!

CB said...

Mmmm ice cream. Its a good thing! Glad you enjoyed the cookies. Great job!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Pamela said...

Your cookies look great, as does that blueberry coffee cake down below!

betty geek said...

Goob job on the cookies. I made ice cream sandwiches out of mine. Yummy! :D