Tuesday, December 16, 2008

TWD: Buttery Jam Cookies

Buttery jam cookies... I love you.


Typically these wouldn't be the kind of cookie that I'd gravitate to. I like my cookies loaded with "stuff" - things like chocolate chips, oatmeal, peanut butter, that kind of thing. This is a very simple cookie. But it's sooo soft and moist and just kind of melts in your mouth. Oooh, I liked these cookies.

I chose to use an orange marmalade in my cookies and it was a really great flavor. The only thing I was disappointed in was how tiny they turned out. Dorie instructs us to scoop out rounded teaspoonfuls, which is what I did. But these cookies did not spread AT ALL. So I had tiny little bite sized cookies, which just made it all that much harder to stop eating them. They were too easy to pop them right in my mouth.


I was fortunate enough to bake these up last week while at a baking party that a friend of mine hosted at her house. We whipped up several different kinds of cookies together and all swapped. Besides the buttery jam cookies, I came home with white chocolate cranberry cookies and peppermint cookies. What fun!

This week's selection was chosen by Heather of Randomosity and the Girl. You'll definitely want the recipe, so go find it on her blog!

I want to take a quick second to give a big shout out to my secret Santa (or... elfster? What are we calling this?). Jill at Jill's Blog sent me not only a cute Christmas card, but the most adorable kitchen towels and snowflake-shaped pot scrubber. I was beyond ecstatic when I opened it. The towels are already hanging on my stove. Thanks so much Jill! Here's a photo of my gifts, with the buttery jam cookies making an appearance again!

17 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I agree - these little cookies are just a bit too poppable. They're dangerous!

vibi said...

LOL LOL BTJ cookies... I love you!
Yours look llike little wooly lambs, tooooo cute, Melissa!

Sabrina said...

Mmmm I love melt in your mouth cookies!

chocolatechic said...

Gorgeous cookies.


I too, would much rather have some chips in my cookies, but these were great.

Cathy said...

I am so glad that these cookies inspired a profession of love from you, Melissa! It is always a nice surprise when we adore a cookie that we don't expect to. I agree that the tiny ones are extra dangerous. And your gift is so cute!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Yum!!! This look so good!

Anonymous said...

Yours are so beautiful! How fun to share your little secret Santa elf with us...very nice and fun.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Your enthusiasm for these cookies makes me want to bake up another batch!

Michelle A'etonu said...

gorgeous cookies! I like the way you're now labeling your photos. I want to try to do that too! I'm such a follower! Your secret santa's too cool. I'm still finishing putting my package together!

kimberly salem said...

orange marmalade sounds yummy! glad you enjoyed these, so did i :)

Kristin said...

Nice cookies! I have never made cookies with jam mixed into the dough before. I found these to be a great surprise - very easy to eat!!

Danielle said...

Your cookies came out great!

Jules Someone said...

Dangerous cookies are the best kind. ;-)

Pamela said...

Thanks for reminding me that I need to a get a picture up of the gift my Elfster person sent me! Glad you enjoyed the cookies! I was surprised that I liked them as much as I did!

Anonymous said...

Yours look great! I love orange marmalade!

Leslie said...

Mmm...marmalade. What a great idea to bake with friends! I don't see enough of my baking friends and it's a new twist on a cookie exchange.

Anonymous said...

How cute is that little kitchen scrubber! I want one! And I want one of your gorgeous cookies!