Monday, July 28, 2008

Broccoli with Zesty Lime Dip


There's always the usual dips with plain old broccoli, but this one actually marinates the broccoli - what a great idea! I threw this together so quickly and easily and brought it to a picnic we went to this weekend. There was one woman there who was going on and on about how great this was. She literally sat herself in front of this and ate away. I guess I'd call it a hit!

I used Zesty Italian dressing for the marinade. I actually think I over-blanched the broccoli a bit, because I think the goal was for it to still be crispy, but mine was definitely more cooked. But it didn't matter, it was still yummy. I zested the entire lime, and it gave a nice color to the dip. This one is really foolproof, and so good.


Broccoli with Zesty Lime Dip
(Adapted from For Goodness Taste cookbook by The Junior League of Rochester)

2 bunches broccoli
8 oz. Italian dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 fresh lime
2 to 3 Tbsp. horseradish
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. salt

1. Cut broccoli into florets. Blanch in boiling water for 3 minutes to brighten color; cool immediately with cold water.

2. In zip-top plastic bag, marinate broccoli in Italian dressing. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.

3. Remove zest from lime and squeeze juice. Combine with remaining dip ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes about 10 servings.

1 comment:

mp said...

mmm...i love broccoli so i will have to try this!