Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Ice Cream Series - Chocolate Toffee Crunch Ice Cream

Anyone who knows me well knows that ice cream is my absolute favorite. I could easily have ice cream every day of the year. And nothing is more fun than making your own ice cream creations. In honor of summer, I've decided to create an ice cream theme for the season. So I'll be making and posting recipes for some really great ice cream creations.

I'm starting out with this Chocolate Toffee Crunch Ice Cream. I used my Cuisinart automatic ice cream maker for this. If you have a different ice cream maker, be sure to follow the instructions for it because each one is different in regards to freezing times and the capacity of ice cream it can make. This ice cream is a very simple and quick recipe. You can even create your own variations and add your own favorite candy pieces, nuts, sprinkles, whatever you can dream up. So pull out your ice cream maker (or go get one if you don't have one!), be creative and enjoy the summer! And be sure to check back for more ice cream creations throughout the next few months!


Chocolate Toffee Crunch Ice Cream

1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Salt
1/3 cup chocolate-covered toffee pieces (such as Heath)

1. For a no-ice, no-salt ice cream maker: In a large mixing bowl combine sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and a dash of salt. Whisk thoroughly until sugar is dissolved.

2. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. When finished, stir in 1/3 cup chocolate-covered toffee pieces.

Makes about 2 and 1/2 cups ice cream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your recipes sound soo good!! I am gaining weight by drooling over all these recipes. I am looking for to your ice cream series. Ice cream is my fave too and I couldn't definitely eat it everyday!!!

mp said...

you are making the rest of us look bad!!!

mmmm...ice cream.

reddchurch said...

you do not know me, but i love your site... i gave you a shout out on my site! www.reddchurch.blogspot.com