Monday, October 26, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Sometimes I feel like I'm in an appetizer rut. I have a few that I really like and I just keep making them over and over again for every party and get-together that I have. So I was trying to come up with ideas for something kid friendly for my son's birthday party and saw this recipe on another blog. I knew immediately that I had to try it, and I'm so glad that I did.

This cheese ball was fantastic! It was so easy to make and everyone loved it - kids AND adults. Everyone kept asking me what was in it and how to make it. And my sister took the recipe and made it for a gathering at her house the next weekend.

Make this - you won't be sorry!

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
(from Mommy's Kitchen)

1 8oz. package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
For coating: 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, crushed graham crackers, or 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
For dipping: Graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzel sticks, Teddy Grahams or animal crackers.

1. Beat softened cream cheese, butter, & vanilla until creamy. Slowly add sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Place mixture in a Tupperware or plastic container. Refrigerate for 1 -2 hours.

2. Form into a ball and roll ball in pecans, graham cracker crumbs, or mini chocolate chips. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, Teddy Grahams, pretzels, or animal crackers.


jillbert said...

That looks so delicious! I have no doubt that would be a hit at a party. I'm saving this one for the next time I need to bring something to someone's house!

Mommy's Kitchen said...

Wow it looks so beautiful and mega chocolate chips. I told you the kids eat that stuff up. I am so glad you liked the recipe. Thanks for letting me know.

Heather said...

i think you've just changed my life. i am serving this soon. it looks AMAZING!

Alwayzbakin said...

Yummy! This looks great. It's nice because it's not your normal appetizer. Perfect for a little one's birthday. Especially with the animal crackers. So cute. Happy Birthday to your son!

Karine said...

Wowow that looks perfect for the sweet tooth I have! :)

Katrina said...

I just made these a couple weeks ago. Got the recipe from Taste of Home magazine. It looks the same. De-lish! Love the animal crackers with it!

4*KowBoys said...

Now this is something I could use! Great easy recipe!