Monday, August 10, 2009

Black Bean Dip


This week I made the Black Bean Dip for the group My Girl, Paula. This seemed a lot like other cheese dip recipes I've made in the past, but had the addition of beans, which sounded fantastic.

It didn't turn out to be the most fabulous looking dip, but it was really tasty and easy to whip up. I liked that it was a little "different" than my normal cheese dip. I'm glad that I tried this one, and I may make it again in the future if I want something different, but I think I'll stick with the other dip that is always a sure-fire hit and uses a few less ingredients!


Black Bean Dip
(from Paula Deen)

2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. chopped onions
1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
1 tomato, diced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1 teaspoon Paula Deen's house seasoning
1 (15 ounce) can black beans with jalapenos
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (4 ounce) package Velveeta Mexican cheese, diced
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, diced

1. Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the green chilies, tomato, cilantro and House Seasoning and cook for 5 minutes longer. Add the beans and cheeses, and simmer until hot and bubbling. Serve hot with tortilla chips.

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunatley I'm up to my ears in Anatomy finals or I would have made this one. Yours looks delicious!!

Erin said...

This looks great! Perfect for football season!

Kim said...

Somehow you managed to make this dip look pretty! It wasn't too photogenic, was it? I'm not a huge fan of Velveeta, but I liked the dip. The second time I made it, I left out the Velveeta, onions, and tomato and just used extra cream cheese.

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good. I don't think cheese dip needs to look too pretty!